- 5G Device Testing
5G Device Testing
Get valid test results of your latest 5G device with our 5G device testing Shield Box with RF Electronics.
Frequently asked Questions (FAQs)
Shield box being an important integral part of your test setup it is critical to ensure the performance and quality of the shield box for your test requirements.
One needs to ensure following KPIs before concluding on the shield box.
- Desired External and Internal Dimensions based on the space available in the lab area
- Shielding Effectiveness @ Different Frequencies ?
- Conditions based on which the OEM has claimed the Shielding effectiveness as many vendor carry out tests on the shield box without actual I/Os using blank cover plate to achieve maximum shielding effectiveness ?
- Set of I/Os Required ?
- Whether the Shield box is ready for future technologies / test requirements ?
5G - New radio (NR) is enthusiastically being deployed to boost global mobile communications. The millimeter-wave portion of the spectrum chosen for early use (frequency range 2 or FR2) is also being installed, with the goal of providing unprecedented throughputs and extremely low latencies, as well as a significant improvement in user perceptions of quality of service (QoS) and quality of experience (QoE). As a result, it is critical to assure the reliability of 5G UEs in real-world conditions. This increases the popularity of 5G testing equipment. 5G UEs are subjected to various KPI testing required for 5G testing, such as
- Averaged Spectral Efficiency (ASE)
- Beamforming SNR Increase (BSNRI)
- Beamforming Battery Consumption (BBC)
- Beamforming Temperature Increase (BTI)
- Beamforming Capacity Gain (BCG)
- Beamforming Averaged Latency (BAL)
- E2E Latency (E2EL)
- RF Latency (RFL)
- DL/UL FTP/TCP/UDP Throughput
- True Throughput (TTPUT)
- Peak Downlink Throughput (PDLT)
- Peak Uplink Throughput (PULT)
5G device testing requires a controlled environment free from interference. You can provide such an isolated and controlled environment with the use of high isolation 5G Testing shield boxes and anechoic chambers manufactured by RF Electronics.